I was nominated by the wonderful Whitney at Bookswhitme. Thank you so much for this and sorry that it took so long to complete it.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspirational all while spreading sunshine throughout the blogging world.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 Questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What’s your favorite throwback book?
Holes by Louis Sachar. I remember when the book first came out I got it at a school Scholastic book fair and I loved that book from the first page to the last page. I cried, I laughed, and when the movie came out in theaters I went to see it because of how much I loved that book.
What’s your favorite book series?
Goosebumps. One of the reasons I love horror movies is because of these books. They weren’t particularly terrifying but they were so good!
Are you a writer? If so, what project are you working on now?
I try. I don’t think I am very good at it but right now I was inspired to write a romantic comedy involving two food truck owners but I get easily distracted. My stronger suit is short stories.
What’s best book 2019 release you’ve read so far?
Oh, I am probably going to say Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. It was one that I held off from reading for a while because hyped up books sometimes let me down but I was so glad that I didn’t wait too long to read it. It surprised me and I loved Daisy Jones. The format of the book was also refreshing to me I felt like I was reading a documentary or one of those old VH1 behind the music episodes.
Describe your perfect reading environment (location, weather, type of book).
A rainy day, sitting on the couch, wrapped in a shawl. A cup of tea or cocoa on the side table with the sound of rain ratting against the window. Its perfect environment for me to get lost into any type of story.
Do you have a favorite author? If so, who are they and why?
I discovered Silvia Moreno-Garcia earlier this year and have been slowly consuming everything they have written. I love the way they write and how everything they write is different from what they have written before.
So many of us started out reading and listening to favorite fairy tales. Tell us your favorite!
Hansel & Gretel. I just love that these two children outwitted this evil witch that wanted to eat them.
What was your last 1 star book?
All of Us With Wings, I rant about why in this post.
What series do you wish would be adapted into a television series or series of movies?
I would love for The Abarat Series by Clive Barker to be adapted into a television series, but the series is unfinished so …..
What’s a book adaptation that you were disappointed in?
The Hunger Games. I think I had really high hopes for it because I really loved the series. I feel like a lot of stuff was omitted and changed and it bummed me out. It still did a pretty good job but I’m just very nit picky about details.
When did you first fall in love with reading?
I can not remember the specific age or year but for as long as I can remember I have always been a reader. My mom would take us on long walks to the local library when I was really little. She always supported my book reading ways so much that I even volunteered at a library as a teen. I volunteered that for five years!
and my questions are
- Do you prefer ebooks or physical books?
- Do you buy or borrow books?
- Do you have a book you like to re-read ?
- Is there an author that no matter what they publish you automatically buy?
- Do you own multiple copies of a book?
- Is there a series you began and never finished?
- What’s your favorite book to movie adaptation ?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- How has the bookish community impacted your life?
- Do you blog across multiple platforms?
- What is your favorite read of 2019 so far? (It doesn’t have to be a book released this year, just a book you read this year that you loved )